Friday, August 23, 2013

Expressions of invitation and followed by the response.

English.
Task 1.
Write about expressing of invitation and followed by the response!

Invitation :
1. Would you like to...?
              e.q : Would you like to come to my birthday party?

2. What About...?
              e.q : What about going to a party?

3. Could you....?
              e.q : Could you come to my house tomorrow afternoon?

4. Would you mind joining us to...?
              e.q : Would you mind joining us to go to movie?

5. Shall we...?
              e.q : Shall we go to the school together?

6. Do you feel like....?
             e.q : Do you feel like going to a movie?

7. Do you want to....?
            e.q : Do you want to do some assignment together?

8. We'd be delighted to....
            e.q : We'd be delighted to have you over my holiday party?


Accepting an Invitation
1. OK.
2. Sure
3. That's a great idea
4. I'd love to
5. That sounds good
6. Of course
7. Yes, i will.
8. That's fine.


Declining an Invitation
1. I'm really sorry.......
2. I'd love to,but....
3. I'm afraid i can't
4. Thanks for asking me, but....
5. I wish i could, but....
6. I don't think i can
7. Sorry, I'm busy
8. That's very kind of you, but....


Invitation Cards
Birthday Party Invitation Card

Holiday Party Invitation Card

Wedding Party Invitation Card

Baby Shower Invitation Card

Iftar Invitation Card

Dialogue about Invitation

Dialogue 1
Anisa  : Hello, this is Anisa. Can i talk to Hanna?

Hanna : This is Hanna speaking.
Anisa  : Oh, hi Hanna. would you like to go with me to Aulia's birthday party next Saturday?

Hanna : Yes, I'd really like to.
Anisa  : Great. The birthday party start at 5. I will pick you up at 4.30.
Hanna : Should i bring a present?
Anisa  : no. I'll take care of it.
Hanna : Okay, see you next Saturday.

Anisa  : See you.

Dialogue 2.
Cely  : Hi, Syifa.
Syifa : Hi.
Cely  : Do you feel like going to a movie tonight?
Syifa : Thanks for asking, but I'm afraid i can't. My parents won't let me out 
           because they are out of town and now i have to take care of my little                      brother.
Cely  : It's okay. 
Syifa : Alright, see you.
Cely  : See you.
           

No comments:

Post a Comment